Sunday, April 23, 2006

CRAP ABOUNDS

Alright, lemme expand a bit on Friday... That theater was really a rag-tag place. Nuttin' to fancy; some art all over, pamphlets, old books and furniture. Th' theater itself was just a small room with stage lights an' a buncha different chairs set up on stair platforms. A little ghetto, but I guess they make do.

So th' one fatal flaw in my bike to health plan is th' weather. This weekend it decided to rain non-stop. At least until this afternoon. Before dinner, decided to run out an' grab a quick run before it decided to rain again. Was a li'l short of Bay 8 this time 'cause I saw th' growin' clouds in th' distance, an' decided to beat a hasty retreat before soakage could commence.

Now, half th' bike path's been closed fer a while. They're redoin' th' pedestrian side, so they got fences up and th' thing is torn up and semi completed. They also decided to make some modifications, like raisin' up that section a good ways down, creatin' a little wall between th' paths. It was there that th' rain collected to a giant puddle. When I got there I hadda carry my bike across an' walk along th' guard rail. Tried to slowly roll through on th' way back, but was deeper than I thought an' someone else comin' along th' wall caused me to soak my shoe. So I went back an' found th' entrance in th' fence people've been usin' to bypass it by goin' along th' other side. At least I got to try my mountain bike on mountainy terrain finally.

Was tellin' wifey was one thing I missed about goin' upstate; th' roads. They were fun to ride. Plus, I did 'em so often I knew where every pothole was...even in th' dark. Although that was more outta necessity than just good memory. My first bike, 'rents gave me a whole horn/light set-up which th' kids there promptly went about messin' with an' destroyin'. Major torture device. They're just lucky I wasn't like I am now or else they'd've been spittin' teeth. So, lights were out. My second bike had a flashlight/headlight thing, but 'cause it was Halogen thing's battery life was shit. So, was just easier to go without and there we are. If it wasn't fer th' fact I'd hafta spend an entire week in a space smaller than my apartment with my 'rents, I'd love to go back. Or maybe if we're still hitched me an' wifey can make use of th' trailer after they open it up.

D IMs me to tell me his 'rents've decided to move to SI with his sis, so their apartment's up fer sale and he needs to find a place ta move to. Wonderful. Now I lose my local friend. If we had th' money to do what we wanted in here, my gma'd be upstairs an' D coulda rented out her apartment, at least accordin' to ma.

Any more shit wanna come outta th' blue this year? I'm tellin' ya, I'm payin' fer how good last year was. This year is gonna end up total shit.

Speakin' of shit, D told me he saw Seed of Chucky an' it sucked. I caught th' first few mins of it, and boy, did it! Was like they didn't even TRY anymore. Also caught part of Vampirella again. Another lame movie.

I swear, whoever thinks these things'll be successes should be branded morons an' shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home