Friday, January 20, 2006

NIGHT OUT

A. EMs me about hangin' out since she's gonna be on this side of th' bridge. So I say sure. She shows up a couple hours later an' we head fer a walk along third to th' 90s an' back, with a quick stop at her bank. Gotta tell ya, lotta places've changed since I last been up that way. Amazin' stuff. Along th' way back she realized she lost one of her gloves. Ah well.
We stopped off fer a slice where she begged me to let her buy me one as a thanks fer her bday gift. I said what th' hell an' went fer it. S'only a slice, was no big. She called her friend Christina, whom she was meetin' after me, to find out where they were hangin' out. We headed off back towards my place so she could drop me off, but I changed it to droppin' her off at her car. She informed me she was gonna leave it by th' park 'cause it's a bitch to park around here...an' it is.

So I walked all th' way back to 88th with her to a coffee house. We headed down back to 3rd to retrace our steps an' see if we could find her glove. Found a similar one on 69th, but was too dark. Same damn glove, though. We took th' same way we went before. We checked her bank to make sure she didn't leave it there, but endin' up findin' it there in th' 70s; a little dirty but in good shape. We met Christina outside an' after all th' walkin' I did decided to rest fer a few an' chill with them. Originally wasn't gonna 'cause I felt like it'd be intrudin', but damn that old age.

We sat an' talked. They had their coffee beverages, I made due with a water. Eventually Tina came in after hangin' with friends. Her breath was definitely rank from it...hope her drivin' wasn't impaired none. After a few more minutes I decided to hit th' road an' started back fer home.

Along th' way, was wrappin' on some parkin' meters as I went an' around 71st one meter I hit dropped some keys. What th' hell keys were doin' in a meter I have no idea. I stood there fer a bit tryin' to figger out how to play this, an' decided to take 'em with me. Leavin' 'em there didn't feel right. What if they opened somethin' there an' some nimrod got th' bright idea to try 'em? Came home briefly 'fore goin' to th' precinct an' turnin' 'em in. Came back to shrimp pasta an' pizza. Again.

Talked to D fer a bit an' then wifey. Wifey got a new set of wheels fer under a hundred, so now we got a new date set fer me to go up. Only problem is car's kinda smallish...hopin' I can fit in it. Ah well, we'll soon find out, won't we?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intrude schmintrude. (That didn't work out as well as it does with other words, but oh well.)

The only reason I didn't press you more and suggested I call you if Tina came was because I thought you were only interested in seeing her (since you had already seen me). It was good that you stayed :)

A.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home