AH, THE RAT-RACE
I decided to go pay my bill today, seein' as it's due tomorrow. Knowin' how big lines got at my old school, figgered I'd need all th' time I could get 'fore th' offices closed at 5. So, got my comics after work an' headed home.
Ma had a small fire with somethin' she was cookin' in th' microwave, but it was mostly smoke. Stunk up th' house but good. Lucille was on th' phone with her when I left an' told me that, but I shrugged it off. Ah well, no damage done. Reloaded my walkman with a new tape, got a blank check, an' hit th' road. It wasn't until I was a few stops away that I realized I forgot to bring a pen to finish fillin' out said check. D'oh!
Fortunately, I noticed a store th' last time. Went in an' bought a pack of pens 'fore I went to th' offices. Ended up havin' to cross th' street to an older, fancier buildin'. Pretty confusin' layout there...an' I have one class in it. Joy. On Mondays no less. Yay! Better find my way around right quick...
Anyways, was a fairly painless process. Got my bill in one office, filled out th' check, went to th' other office to pay, got to drop it in a box an' go back to th' first office, present my paid bill to get my ID, an' was on th' road. Long lines, but it all went pretty quick. An' fortunately I found a bathroom to straighten my hair enough fer th' ID. I really need a haircut. As soon as I deal with my baldness issue...
Me an' Sam did some talkin' about my bday trip up there, bounced around a few suggestions on what to do, as well as her pendin' NYC trip...whenver her 'rents wise-up. All in all, s'gonna be fun!
Ma had a small fire with somethin' she was cookin' in th' microwave, but it was mostly smoke. Stunk up th' house but good. Lucille was on th' phone with her when I left an' told me that, but I shrugged it off. Ah well, no damage done. Reloaded my walkman with a new tape, got a blank check, an' hit th' road. It wasn't until I was a few stops away that I realized I forgot to bring a pen to finish fillin' out said check. D'oh!
Fortunately, I noticed a store th' last time. Went in an' bought a pack of pens 'fore I went to th' offices. Ended up havin' to cross th' street to an older, fancier buildin'. Pretty confusin' layout there...an' I have one class in it. Joy. On Mondays no less. Yay! Better find my way around right quick...
Anyways, was a fairly painless process. Got my bill in one office, filled out th' check, went to th' other office to pay, got to drop it in a box an' go back to th' first office, present my paid bill to get my ID, an' was on th' road. Long lines, but it all went pretty quick. An' fortunately I found a bathroom to straighten my hair enough fer th' ID. I really need a haircut. As soon as I deal with my baldness issue...
Me an' Sam did some talkin' about my bday trip up there, bounced around a few suggestions on what to do, as well as her pendin' NYC trip...whenver her 'rents wise-up. All in all, s'gonna be fun!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home