THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BDAY...
A. had decided to have her bday at her BF's relatives' apartment in th' city on th' 3rd, I guess to clear up th' 6th fer family stuff. Ordinarily I probably woulda copped out, but I mean to undo th' flaws of my character an' opted to go. Be nice if th' wife was around to take with, but ah well. Thing was also a chance to get to meet Mr. Perfect an' see what all th' fuss was about.
I decided to surprise her with a gift anyways, even though I said I wouldn't do no more (she should know better). Got her a $30 Amazon gift E-card. Better than B&N that's fer sure; with th' marketplace there she can really make that $30 soar with cheaper books an' get a massive number. Bought a bday card on my way home from work, but was feelin' cruddy so went right to nappin'.
Got up an' I still felt like crap. I ended up havin' to call an' say I wasn't gonna be there. Ah well, shit happens. Sure, I miss out on meetin' her guy...but I've missed all th' others so why spoil a good streak, right? Kiddin'. One of these...years.
Tina didn't go either 'cause of finals, so that's two of her older in-town friends down. Bummer. Ya know, it was hearin' that she may not go that originally led to my hesitation about goin'. See, my friends all have their own friends. I have my own group, but they all have their own groups. I ain't part of any of them. Different interests, different lives, fer whatever reason. Normally in a group of people I dunno, I clam up. Dunno why, just do. Tina is my go-to backup fer these things. While April's busy shmoozin', I got someone to at least associate with. I ain't th' sociable type, takes me a while to warm up fer people. Unfortunately, seein' 'em once a year don't let me get that chance.
Today was also th' first day of K-Rock's new Free FM talk format. With th' departure of Howard Stern, they decided to get rid of th' station all together. So, that's one less to flip to to avoid commercials. Isn't that great? At least Jack (formerly CBS) plays some rock now an' again. Used to listen to K-Rock back when it was Classic Rock through my pops, but we went over to Q when they changed formats. I came back a couple years ago after some exposure from work an' been listenin' ever since. Figgers, just like with AIM, too late as always.
I decided to surprise her with a gift anyways, even though I said I wouldn't do no more (she should know better). Got her a $30 Amazon gift E-card. Better than B&N that's fer sure; with th' marketplace there she can really make that $30 soar with cheaper books an' get a massive number. Bought a bday card on my way home from work, but was feelin' cruddy so went right to nappin'.
Got up an' I still felt like crap. I ended up havin' to call an' say I wasn't gonna be there. Ah well, shit happens. Sure, I miss out on meetin' her guy...but I've missed all th' others so why spoil a good streak, right? Kiddin'. One of these...years.
Tina didn't go either 'cause of finals, so that's two of her older in-town friends down. Bummer. Ya know, it was hearin' that she may not go that originally led to my hesitation about goin'. See, my friends all have their own friends. I have my own group, but they all have their own groups. I ain't part of any of them. Different interests, different lives, fer whatever reason. Normally in a group of people I dunno, I clam up. Dunno why, just do. Tina is my go-to backup fer these things. While April's busy shmoozin', I got someone to at least associate with. I ain't th' sociable type, takes me a while to warm up fer people. Unfortunately, seein' 'em once a year don't let me get that chance.
Today was also th' first day of K-Rock's new Free FM talk format. With th' departure of Howard Stern, they decided to get rid of th' station all together. So, that's one less to flip to to avoid commercials. Isn't that great? At least Jack (formerly CBS) plays some rock now an' again. Used to listen to K-Rock back when it was Classic Rock through my pops, but we went over to Q when they changed formats. I came back a couple years ago after some exposure from work an' been listenin' ever since. Figgers, just like with AIM, too late as always.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home