Saturday, May 31, 2008

REPAIR

Going to get my bikes fixed is no easy task. My shop of choice is well over 20 blocks away from my house. Easy enough to walk, but when you cart two bikes along with you it can be a bit of a pain. Forget about morons who don't get out of your way for shit, but just a literal pain in the hands as well. So, I opted to take them via the van.

Yeah, that was a mistake, 'cause that meant my pops got involved. First I had to rig up the bike rack he built that we hadn't used in about 10 years. Then there was a matter of strapping the bikes to it. It should've been a quick and easy task. It took FAR longer than it should've, thanks to their interference. It would've been faster walking. Then, there was the effort in finding a parking spot with my additional 2 feet on the rear. I ended up about 5 blocks away, but by a crosswalk so no problems with people behind me.

Bikes were fixed fairly quick and I walked around some in the meantime. Gonna hafta wait till tomorrow or Monday to ride and try them out. Hopefully, they fixed the main problem.

Just to be kind of an ass, I E-Mailed Tina saying I had gotten my extra bike fixed finally since I offered it to her in the event of our long-delayed bike ride from, what, 8 years ago? She actually replied saying she'd love to. Haha okay, sure, we'll see if that ever happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home