Wednesday, May 21, 2008

INFECTED

Two days in a row now, pops has gotten up late I guess and gone well into my shower time, meaning I needed him to give me a ride both days as there was no way for me to make the train. Especially not in my condition. Bastard. At least this resulted in me seeing the cool orange lighting they added to the Brooklyn Bridge. Niiiiiiice!

With how bad my ankle felt yesterday, and today, I agonized over requesting to go home early and let someone else out on my route. Damien talked me into going out anyways with some help to lighten the load, so I said sure. I could do the work, it's the walking that's a problem. I can do short distances and inside buildings, but once you get me doing blocks, I progressively get worse. And walking is an integral part of my job. Well, we were light today so I didn't take the help and actually managed to do my route just fine. Killed my leg going to help the route 3 blocks away and going back to my truck as expected. Other than that, work went fine. Not as bad as yesterday. My leg is healing, as I knew it would.

Went to the doc to get my form filled out and while I was there got my leg looked at. Based on the lack of physical evidence of causes and the symptoms I exhibit, he says I have some kinda infection just below the skin; possibly from a bug bite. He prescribed me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. Unfortunately, I neglected to remind him I couldn't swallow pills. Easily fixed; I took the tablets I got and started grinding them into what I've been jokingly calling "dime bags"; extra-small Ziplocs. Ma called the doc to see if I could do that, and he said I could take 'em in apple sauce like my last batch from my accident 2 years ago. Well, think I'm gonna try with straight water since I don't exactly have much time in the morning to stand and eat apple sauce. Hopefully, these don't smell or taste like cat piss...

Liz might be coming to town tomorrow to take her ma to the Met Superhero exhibit. She wanted me to come along when she announced this plan two weeks ago, so I said sure. Probably shouldn't since I have 4 days to finish up some articles for Estella, but I'm gonna anyways 'cause what good is a writer without life experience? 4 days...reminds me I haven't heard from Alex yet. Hope he's working fast. We've come so far and we've actually got a fighting chance now. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home