FIRST DAY SCREW-UPS
Today was the first day of the all-new management...and it didn't go very smoothly. We had some sick calls and the very thing I knew would happen did. You've got two guys who don't know jack shit about their employees and what they could do, so they had to go and call Tasha to be advised. This is why it's dumb to completely change EVERYONE in one shot. They should've sparsed it out so at least ONE of them coulda learned about things and been better prepared. When Rob came, he had Carlos and Tasha to guide him. These guys got phone calls.
That, plus the fact I ran outta time cards made me put out the equipment late. See, all this time the cards've been stored in a locked closet in the hallway, to which only Tasha and someone else has the key. Tasha forgot to give her keys to one of the guys, and the other wasn't due in until 8:30 which was entirely too late. Ends up there was half a box of them down in the supply area. Since when are they in the supply area?! So, yeah, it was a clusterfuck.
Route was pretty late for a Monday, which means Tuesday'll probably be slammed. That's bad 'cause I somehow had pulled a muscle or something in my leg towards the end of my shift and I don't see it healing by tomorrow. Greeeeeeeat.
I finished one of my next Estella articles pending some revisions and additions, then started my next. I was inspired at work when I noticed the image for this Facebook group one of my colleagues started. It was an old comic cover with a character who looked similar to one in the mini Project Superpowers I'm reading, and came to find out the characters in that series are all public domain Golden Age characters. Since Marvel is doing something similar with their own classics, an article was born! I still have a topic I wanted to do last month but never got to, so gonna see how much research I can squeeze in while I do my website tomorrow and try to get CAG 6 done within a week as I have the last two parts.
Yesterday I was on the phone with my inker going over the finer points of his corrections. Guy is tempted to completely redo some things, but I'm telling him just work around and improve what we're stuck with. As I've said, the entire first page only bears a mark resemblance to what I described in the script, and some of the more dynamic action shots suffered from a poor choice of angle. I know I give artistic freedom a lot, but when I describe something SPECIFICALLY that usually means I want THAT...and specific is how I described the panels I'm discussing. One goof on my part that I didn't realize till I posted the script for page 1 in the chat was luckily caught by Alex and integrated into his plans. That's how I know my inks are in good hands. Now all I'm waiting for are his prelims for approval, and hopefully we'll get them to Ben with sufficient time to do his thing. If we go down, it'll at least be swinging.
That, plus the fact I ran outta time cards made me put out the equipment late. See, all this time the cards've been stored in a locked closet in the hallway, to which only Tasha and someone else has the key. Tasha forgot to give her keys to one of the guys, and the other wasn't due in until 8:30 which was entirely too late. Ends up there was half a box of them down in the supply area. Since when are they in the supply area?! So, yeah, it was a clusterfuck.
Route was pretty late for a Monday, which means Tuesday'll probably be slammed. That's bad 'cause I somehow had pulled a muscle or something in my leg towards the end of my shift and I don't see it healing by tomorrow. Greeeeeeeat.
I finished one of my next Estella articles pending some revisions and additions, then started my next. I was inspired at work when I noticed the image for this Facebook group one of my colleagues started. It was an old comic cover with a character who looked similar to one in the mini Project Superpowers I'm reading, and came to find out the characters in that series are all public domain Golden Age characters. Since Marvel is doing something similar with their own classics, an article was born! I still have a topic I wanted to do last month but never got to, so gonna see how much research I can squeeze in while I do my website tomorrow and try to get CAG 6 done within a week as I have the last two parts.
Yesterday I was on the phone with my inker going over the finer points of his corrections. Guy is tempted to completely redo some things, but I'm telling him just work around and improve what we're stuck with. As I've said, the entire first page only bears a mark resemblance to what I described in the script, and some of the more dynamic action shots suffered from a poor choice of angle. I know I give artistic freedom a lot, but when I describe something SPECIFICALLY that usually means I want THAT...and specific is how I described the panels I'm discussing. One goof on my part that I didn't realize till I posted the script for page 1 in the chat was luckily caught by Alex and integrated into his plans. That's how I know my inks are in good hands. Now all I'm waiting for are his prelims for approval, and hopefully we'll get them to Ben with sufficient time to do his thing. If we go down, it'll at least be swinging.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home