Wednesday, May 14, 2008

BOILING POINT

The last three days have been hell at work. I've had to park halfway down the block 'cause there's been absolutely NO parking when I arrive. And rather than circle the block and waste time on a chance (which would have paid off) I decided to hoof it from there. Fortunately, unlike Monday, I was pretty decent in load so it wasn't THAT bad. But I did hafta rush to make it.

Today was Tasha's last day. Because of district performance, the head guy shifted managers all around and we lost all but one, the crappy night guy. Joe took Carlos with him, and Rob's going with Tasha leaving us with new guys Freddy, Nick and Damian. Two of them have prior experience with us so hopefully they can get up quick. And hopefully they don't ruin what Joe already set in motion. We've been on the upswing; won't take much to get us back to our old trends.

Kinda funny seeing them all go. Tasha and Carlos were the ones I dealt with most when I first started. Tasha did all the preliminary stuff, and Carlos had me go out with Ed and Hass all those times on their routes. They ended up alternating their importance to my job, Tasha becoming my primary for a while, then Carlos, back to Tasha, back to Carlos. Think a good working relationship came outta that. I mean, Tasha seemed a little unapproachable and irritated with dealing with me at first, but that didn't take long to change. Then there was Shawn who left months ago to be closer to home. He seemed like an asshole at first, but after a while he softened up some...at least towards me. The problem everyone had with him was he was too by the book for them and wouldn't let them get away with shit. I got no problem with that seeing as I do what I'm supposed to anyways. Add to that our old station is due for the wrecking ball at any time for the Atlantic Yards project, the neighboring Copa Cabana already the first victim.

The idiot on the sort is also pushing me to the edge. Yesterday, I watched a little YouTube clip during a lull in the office. He thinks I'm playing a game, and he tells me I'm lying and that he's not stupid. I beg to freakin' differ! On the sort today, he was telling everyone he caught me playing a game. Now, it's those kinda rumors that start, spiral outta control, and can get someone fired...especially with all-new management in the house who I have yet to win over. I pretended to ignore it until later on, when he tried talking to me again like we were boys. I asked him if he ever shut the fuck up. He tried to get all hard and street on me, and I just wanted to laugh and kill him right then. Seriously, at least 20 different ways went through my head right then. Not a good idea to piss me off. Between him and the annoying bitch, my god. Never seen two idiots say so much yet say nothing at all. Remind me to thank Carlos for reaming me up the ass with them before he departed.

I ACTUALLY managed to read my comics today! One less pile to add to the stack. So far, the stack still has the nice dent in it, but that's just an illusion. See, the prior couple weeks' worth are in my drawer 'cause I didn't trust the stack being all that high with miss TC, who likes to jump where she don't belong. Dunno how many times during my old system of stacking them there I'd come to find my books all over the floor. Damn cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home