Monday, May 05, 2008

PRESSURE COOKER

Alright, so we're in round 3 of Idol. Game's gonna get tougher from here, and it all falls upon my artist's shoulders. I've given him till the 15th so have everything sent out to me and my inker and I hope he uses a SPEEDY delivery service. I warned my crew of the increasingly tight schedule, but hopefully I've macromanaged enough so that we get as much production done within that small amount of time as possible. Ben's gonna be hit the hardest, unfortunately. His role comes DEAD last in the process so how much time HE gets to do his thing relies entirely on everyone else.

If we make or bomb the round, we'll still be published in the SPA Anthology as an "honorable mention" or something along those lines, so my crew will still be paid off in some kind of exposure. Not the GRAND exposure I'm shooting for, but something at least. I'm already pondering next year's attempt, and Ben is on board for whatever I choose. At least, for now. We'll see how much he's liking me when and if he ever gets to do his thing on THIS one.

And, because two cars just wasn't challenging enough, today we had to move 4 cars. That's right, 4. Over to the side where we have driveways and fire hydrants gallore. Pops has two cars he's working on so that's the trouble there. One, however, we coulda gotten away with leaving on the wrong side as it has a handicap placcard and thus wouldn't be ticketed. But, pops wanted it moved if it could be. However, NO spots opened up. And when one did, it's only because the person who pulled out was clearing it up for ANOTHER car. Yeah, two people did that...one asshole tried to do it twice! Well, one car ended up around the corner, ma's on the avenue. Pops hadda do it. He should know by now spots don't even BEGIN to open until work is over and people are leaving. It's hell in this friggin' city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home