BANG-UP TIME
Liz was back on the sort today, which once again meant too many cooks in the kitchen syndrome struck again. Greeeeeeeeeat. I ran a bit behind on my work 'cause I ended up having to go to the bathroom around 6:30. Unfortunately, way my day is set I don't have TIME to go THAT late. So basically busted my ass to get everything going. Liz picked today to notice I was setting the belt speeds "too slow" and that's why I didn't make my sort goal yesterday. Wait, I didn't? Then what the hell was Joe saying to me then?! And that dumbass report they print out to show how ya did? Now I'm all confuzzled, but whatever; tomorrow I'll set them higher so nobody can bitch.
I've been a little klutzy this week so far. Yesterday, I dropped a box on the catwalk that fell into my leg and scraped me some down to the ankle. Ow. Today, I got whacked opening one of the cans up. See, they got these window shade-like flaps on the fronts that lock at the bottom. You open the locks, release the flap and it rolls up into the can. Well, I opened up a new can and the stuff falling against it caused the flap to fly out and catch my leg between it and the conveyor. The speed, plus the weight behind it equaled a big friggin' ouchie. I had to hobble and keep weight off it for a minute or two, but progressively was able to walk again. That's right, I kept walking through my incapacitation...I'm THAT crazy. Didn't hurt again till I "rested" by driving to my location. Damage wasn't too bad; no real swelling, some scrapes. Ah well.
I've been a little klutzy this week so far. Yesterday, I dropped a box on the catwalk that fell into my leg and scraped me some down to the ankle. Ow. Today, I got whacked opening one of the cans up. See, they got these window shade-like flaps on the fronts that lock at the bottom. You open the locks, release the flap and it rolls up into the can. Well, I opened up a new can and the stuff falling against it caused the flap to fly out and catch my leg between it and the conveyor. The speed, plus the weight behind it equaled a big friggin' ouchie. I had to hobble and keep weight off it for a minute or two, but progressively was able to walk again. That's right, I kept walking through my incapacitation...I'm THAT crazy. Didn't hurt again till I "rested" by driving to my location. Damage wasn't too bad; no real swelling, some scrapes. Ah well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home