Monday, July 30, 2007

LET GO

Over the weekend, not much happened outside my writin'. We decided to push the trip back a week 'cause the followin' weekend had more things goin' on than the one we picked. No big, really. Same things in effect, plus now I just gotta get the damn vacation request form an' get the day off. Hopefully this won't affect Tina too badly, if she was still gonna go.

That's the weekend update. Today, I had a bonehead move. 30th Street was all backed up, so I tried to be smart an' decided to take 32nd over to 6th an' go from there. Genius me forgot that Madison Square Garden cuts off 32nd where I was. So I went up to 34th to come back around, except 33rd was cut off by Herald Square an' I forgot about that too. So it was back down to 31st and over to 6th to go back up. Killed any extra time I gained today by bein' sent to my truck early. One stroke of luck I got was Matt came along before he went to help Billy, so I handed off to him 2 stops then used him to do 20th. Now, it shoulda worked out fine except I ended up mis-markin' a couple boxes an' havin' to go back up floors. Now, there's a way you can scam packages bein' scanned an' signed fer so they're not late, but I decided to take the hit on one. One is better than what I've been gettin'. Now, next Monday, I'll know to stick to my routes an' to try to load my truck a bit faster. My effort to save time cost me too much.

Today was my last day at the office. I was effectively let go. There ain't enough work comin' in an' health care costs an' what not are goin' up, so they're gonna dissolve my position an' spread it out amongst the others. Honestly, they wanted to save money shoulda got rid of Stacey. She's been useless since she arrived. Anyways, I opted to finish out the day, gathered up all my stuff then went home. I'll be paid fer last week plus one month's severence, at least as far as I understand. Ah well, was a good run...over 2 years. The last remnant of my relationship is now gone, finally. I ain't too upset over it. Crap job with stupid people, an' I hated dressin' up anyways. Just gotta hope FedEx holds out fer a while. But, y'know, there are worse more experienced couriers there that are STILL there, so maybe I'll get lucky.

At least this means I'll have more time to write, an' I no longer hafta carry lunch around with me. Also saves me the trouble of puttin' in fer my last 3 days off. Whatever, that place will go under sooner or later. It's inevitable, they ran it into the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home