Saturday, April 21, 2007

HANGING

Today was James' hangout. I got up a li'l later than intended, but was still runnin' on schedule. I went to Sunnydale where I picked up a buncha chips an' snacks (Wise was apparently on sale fer a buck...sweet!) an' then hadda return home twice fer the directions to his place an' my MP3 player. I did catch the N at 36th an' went from there. Got there in just over an hour. He's got a nice, decent-sized place. No clue how he affords the rent, but more power to him!

Was just me an' him fer a while until a friend of his, Carlos, showed up. There were supposed to be more, but they all suddenly had stuff come up or just never came. We all got to talkin' about comic stuff (of course) as well as addin' our own commentary to the movies we watched. Were originally gonna do a Superman marathon but opted fer the Donner Cut, followed by Batman '66 an' the American Godzilla. He showed us some of his work from today an' yesterday, an' I tried to help him get his computer runnin' with little success. Also came up with a new plastic storage system fer comics we're gonna try to get patented an' maybe make some money on.

After over 8 hours decided to call it quits an' me an' Carlos head fer home. He lives in Brooklyn too so we were basically talkin' the whole ride back. Made it go right quick. Foudn out he was at both the indie parties but we missed each other. He did remember me as the Scarlet Spider, though. Pretty hard to forget. It really is great havin' comic guys to talk to who get what I say with no problems. Real nice.

D had called me while I was hangin' 'cause his plans fell through an' he was bored. Told him when I got back I'd call an' we'd hang if he wanted. Well, I called an' turned out his plans came through after all an' now he was in the city. He's tryin' to woo this sales rep that comes to his office. Be interestin' to see what happens if they work out, don't think we've ever hadda deal with one of us havin' a gal. (The slut don't count...she didn't live here so she was hardly in the way, plus she just doesn't count in general.)

When I came home it was soooo nice out an' I was so ready to hang some more, but had no one to hang with. So I walked all the way to 90th an' back. Just a nice li'l stroll. Hopefully tomorrow's as warm so I can bike off all the pizza I ate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home