FIRST SALVO
In a tradition as old as time (well, not quite, but who can remember when these things start?) me an' D got together fer our regular Xmas Eve gift exchange. We've done it in his old apartment, his building's hallway, my place an' now his new place fer the first time.
We chilled fer a bit while he finished his lunch, talkin' an' jokin'. He showed me his new poster (some WWE chick) an' then we got down to business. He said I always hafta outdo him on the gifts (probably 'cause it was 3-2 an' the Amazon box I used fer his traditional comics looked big). Not that I do it on purpose...just how it works out. I get what I think someone'd like. Sometimes it's a lotta stuff, sometimes it's a little. Whatever I can think of/afford at the time. I also got him the Blade trilogy an' th' first half of Thundercats Season 1. He got me a Marvel Legends Logan (which we determined was one of them variant repaints of one my ma got me last Xmas that currently sits on my original tape/CD rack behind my door) an' Marvel Ultimate Alliance so I wouldn't hafta wait till it dropped to $20.
After we got to doin' some playin'. Brought my two new games fer him to try. He wasn't too bad, but unfortunately I learned in order to get the two player features goin' I'm gonna hafta find a way to beat them. Bastards. Also showed me the plug n' play version of Mortal Kombat he got Sean an' borrowed. Was pretty cool, but the graphics an' sound were like somethin' offa NES...nowhere near the Arcade. But hey, it is what it is. If Sean's PS2 played PS1 games, he coulda got him the MK Trilogy which featured the first game. We also got back on our Ultimate Alliance game.
Durin' this time, I got called by Tommy an' Lenny which reminded me to send out my holiday messages (normally I call, but since my call list is so massive this year decided to text message...also so I didn't keep D). That prompted more calls an' texts. My phone was the busiest it's been in a few months fer that half hour. Around 6 we packed it up, he finished wrappin' his gifts, an' we headed out; him to his 'rents, me fer home.
Ma had been busy bakin' a shit load of baked goods; from cookies to brownies. Yeah, holidays are not the times to try to lose weight, nossir. We had our traditional Xmas Eve spaghetti an' put our presents under the tree. Ma filled the stockings, included the cats' which prompted them to haunt her fer a good half hour. Also, like little kids, the cats mucked around with the socks an' gifts tryin' to settle their curiosity. Eventually they calmed down...untill tomorrow, that is.
No Spidey inserts in the paper today, which worried me that I mighta missed 'em. Hafta check tomorrow to see if they were just late from the holiday. And, of course, as of this writin' I've seen A Christmas Story on TBS's annual marathon about 3 times. Another tradition is to watch that EVERY year as often as possible. Come New Years ya know I'll be watchin' The Honeymooners. It just ain't the holidays without these classics. And I hope YOU are watchin' too.
We chilled fer a bit while he finished his lunch, talkin' an' jokin'. He showed me his new poster (some WWE chick) an' then we got down to business. He said I always hafta outdo him on the gifts (probably 'cause it was 3-2 an' the Amazon box I used fer his traditional comics looked big). Not that I do it on purpose...just how it works out. I get what I think someone'd like. Sometimes it's a lotta stuff, sometimes it's a little. Whatever I can think of/afford at the time. I also got him the Blade trilogy an' th' first half of Thundercats Season 1. He got me a Marvel Legends Logan (which we determined was one of them variant repaints of one my ma got me last Xmas that currently sits on my original tape/CD rack behind my door) an' Marvel Ultimate Alliance so I wouldn't hafta wait till it dropped to $20.
After we got to doin' some playin'. Brought my two new games fer him to try. He wasn't too bad, but unfortunately I learned in order to get the two player features goin' I'm gonna hafta find a way to beat them. Bastards. Also showed me the plug n' play version of Mortal Kombat he got Sean an' borrowed. Was pretty cool, but the graphics an' sound were like somethin' offa NES...nowhere near the Arcade. But hey, it is what it is. If Sean's PS2 played PS1 games, he coulda got him the MK Trilogy which featured the first game. We also got back on our Ultimate Alliance game.
Durin' this time, I got called by Tommy an' Lenny which reminded me to send out my holiday messages (normally I call, but since my call list is so massive this year decided to text message...also so I didn't keep D). That prompted more calls an' texts. My phone was the busiest it's been in a few months fer that half hour. Around 6 we packed it up, he finished wrappin' his gifts, an' we headed out; him to his 'rents, me fer home.
Ma had been busy bakin' a shit load of baked goods; from cookies to brownies. Yeah, holidays are not the times to try to lose weight, nossir. We had our traditional Xmas Eve spaghetti an' put our presents under the tree. Ma filled the stockings, included the cats' which prompted them to haunt her fer a good half hour. Also, like little kids, the cats mucked around with the socks an' gifts tryin' to settle their curiosity. Eventually they calmed down...untill tomorrow, that is.
No Spidey inserts in the paper today, which worried me that I mighta missed 'em. Hafta check tomorrow to see if they were just late from the holiday. And, of course, as of this writin' I've seen A Christmas Story on TBS's annual marathon about 3 times. Another tradition is to watch that EVERY year as often as possible. Come New Years ya know I'll be watchin' The Honeymooners. It just ain't the holidays without these classics. And I hope YOU are watchin' too.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home