Sunday, December 17, 2006

HANGIN'...ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON

I had intended to get up early to get things done, but sure that didn't happen. I ended up getin' woken up by my phone. D's plans had changed an' was gonna go to Circuit City with me. So I ate my breakfast, dropped off my bike an' met him there. We browsed around fer a bit fer a gift fer his 'rents and I got DVDs fer my ma. I was gonna get a couple, but I settled on one cheap DVD an' a video game; Ford vs. Chevy. Was gonna pass it up, but fer $8 and classic cars I said screw it. I'll regret it later. Got my bike (only cost $20, not bad) an' headed fer home.

Worked on my 4th interview a bit before packin' up and headin' to the store. Hung out, exchanged the gifts, had the usual fun. The face Lenny had when we gave him his was priceless. That was pure happiness right there. Nice to know I don't screw up EVERY gift. Did a li'l shoppin' fer ma too. Even though the list wasn't too big, was only able to get two items outta it. Ah well, made it easier fer transport with my schoolbag and all.

Before I left I hit the bathroom. Tommy showed me someone ripped one of the stall door off the hinges. Like a smartass I knocked the door down onto the floor. Look on Tommy's face between his moments of hilarious enjoyment made me pick it back up. However, it was stuck under the partition an' a couple good tugs ripped it off the wall. Needless to say, we left the bathroom pretty trashed there. Ah well, thing was bound to fall off anyways if it coulda come off with that light a pressure. There was one time I tried to make it fall on purpose an' it didn't happen. Just one more thing they needed to fix that will now be fixed. Gotta say, though, me an' Tommy couldn't stop laughin'. It was hillarious!

Tommy reminded me in my rush this mornin' I forgot to get my papers. Got them an' almost got into a tiff with one of the store owners. See, I like to sift through the papers to make sure I ain't buyin' the rag called the post without gettin' what I want inside. They thought I was takin' the stuff out. But, I explained it away and it was all good. Think they'd know I do that every week by now...

Had D called me when he finished dinner with his 'rents and I went over to his place. Waited fer a bit fer him and Sean to finish playin' Mortal Kombat an' then we continued our Marvel game. Nice and fun, and at least I'm gettin' a lay of the land fer when I get it myself.
Tomorrow gonna finish up my interview, request my next one, and see about doin' my first article fer the Small Publisher's Association. Think I got some inspiration tonight I can make use of. We'll see once I read past articles to see what was done before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home