Wednesday, December 20, 2006

CIRCLES

So, I took my comic money but I forgot my comic list. Smart. Fortunately as this is my cheap week an' I was only gonna be buyin' books that came out and none I have in reserve, I was able to whip up a quick list so I could make sure I got everythin'. Shop was actually busy today, usually dead when I get there. Took me a while to get out, but fortunately didn't have to rush off to school.

Got home an' cleaned up the apartment a bit. Finished an' got my comics done in time fer sis to show up. We chatted an' joked, and I finally got her to watch Ghostbusters like she owed me. Think she enjoyed it, but not too sure...she looked bored watchin' it. Tried to liven it up with some cracks here an' there MST3K style. After we played a bit of my Atari Flashback before decidin' to head out fer a bit and wait fer D to call.

Unfortunately, our plan to go to Anapoli was cut short by the fact they're closin' at 8 this week. Dammit. Me an' sis went there anyways so she could get some coffee to warm/wake up. D would be meetin' us at Circles about a half hour later as he hasta take a cab from Pacific street due to there bein' an elevator there. Me an' sis talked fer a bit then got into realtionships. That prompted one of the waitresses there who was cleanin' to chime in now and again with her own insights. Wasn't an intrusion, really; she contributed some good things. Of course durin' that time she did a couple things that prompted sis to say she's got the hots fer me, like sayin' "I like him" when I said honesty's the most important part of a relationship (which I read as more of a 'this guy knows what he's saying' kinda thing) an' durin' parting holiday wishes she called me "love" (which could be the same as me callin' folks Bunky, Bub or Darlin'). Not that she wasn't cute an' all, but I think sis was readin' too much into things. Since I plan to eat there often (last decent diner in the area) guess we'll see what happens.

Met D over at Circles then settled down fer dinner. Sis an' him exchanged stories of what they've been up to (with me interjectin' the odd comment here an' there fer laughs) an' even found out her BF practically ordered her to hang with me at least once. Hehe dude just keeps earnin' points with me. (Of course if he ever pulls a reversal on her I'm still gonna kick his ass...with her full permission, too. :P) Nah, really, he's a good guy...sis lucked out. No spidey senses tinglin' here.

We topped the meal off with a call to Tina to see if she was comin'. She said she'd pick us up to hang fer a bit, so that was a plus. Gave us a chance to figger out how ta split the change fer the bill seein' as all we had were $20s. Yeah, math ain't our strong points.

She came an' we squeezed into her back seat. Me an' D got to meet her "wifey" Maya finally. She recognized me somewhat, went to our high school. If she paid attention durin' the elections junior year she would definitely know me. Seems like a nice gal. We went up to Dunkin' Donuts to sit an' chat a bit over warm beverages. However, sis hadda go pick up her own sis soon after from work. As we dropped her off to her car, D realized he left Tina's souvenier from Peru at the restaurant. We went back to get it, but it was too late. It was gone.

Well, at least it's the thought that counts in the end. See if we can't get her another Peruvian knick-knack somewhere to replace it.

We parked around the corner from my house an' chatted it up a bit more, with some life stories an' music trivia and the like. Tina hadda get up early to do some lesson plans so we split around 10:30. I walked home an' they did their things...whatever those may be. Came in and finished up some things before I'm gonna review a bit fer my last final. And after tomorrow...FREEDOM!

Definitely a fun night that happens far too infrequently. But, ah well, take what I can get when I can get it. I'm hopin' I'll get more hangouts through January...if not with my regular crew with some new people, like Betsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home