SNAKES ON A TRAIN
I hate th' trains.
So I leave right on time today, right? R train comes, I figger I'd catch th' N. Train stops before we hit 59th. By th' time we pull into th' station, N train's already leavin' and once again we're waitin'. Another train comes; th' M. I take it, figger it'll give me a boost since they're goin' express with delays. THAT train stops, causin' th' R I just left to pass. 36th Street, I just miss another R and decide to wait fer a better train, but best I got was th' D...which ALSO stopped in th' damn tunnels.
Finally got to Broadway/Lafayette where I got out to try an' catch th' uptown 6 bein' I was already late fer class, 'cause god forbid we have both directions of th' train accessable UNDERGROUND. And of course, dumb me gets turned around an' I go south instead of North and end up losin' MORE time. When I finally get to th' train, it's so packed I hafta skip it an' force myself onto th' next one, which was a 4. I got off at 14th to get th' 6 or 5. 6 came, an' once again was jammed in to th' point I was immovable...all 'cause some dumb Asian chick hadda force her way on at th' last second. Was pretty much in that spot till 42nd where I was able to shuffle closer to my door an' get crowded in over there. Then of course was th' struggle to get OFF th' train.... UGH!
I wound up gettin' there half an hour late, but fortunately prof didn't pass out th' attendance sheet. So after class, I went up front, signed my name, an' proceeded to my next adventure; th' book store. Found th' psych section last time, so I was able to track down th' books pretty quick. Used and in great shape. Grabbed 'em and headed upstairs to stand on line.
Now, this line was massive. It snaked around th' front of th' aisles, up th' last one, down then up th' middle, down th' first towards th' entrance, up th' wall to th' left, along th' back wall to th' stairs, then skip across to th' other side of th' stairs, along th' windows, up another aisle and finally to th' registers. Yes, there was that many people. It did move fairly quick, though, I will say. Got snagged again at th' register when my book was mispriced. But, that was quickly resolved. I paid, left, an' crammed onto th' 6 once again. Fortunately th' N came quick and I got home fast enough. On a side note, I find it weird how many people use th' Sony h.ear headphones like I do. There was a person on either side of me wearin' them. Even Danielle has 'em, 'cept they're monotone.
Speakin' of Danielle, she's on vacation this week which means I have absolutely NO ONE to talk to when I'm at work. As such, it was incredibly borin' th' whole way through. Blah.
This crappy day was vastly improved by a surprise call from Rogue, who left and called me again. She left again to watch her Law & Order only to call me once again finishin' up her night. We dwindled a bit at th' end, but we had a lotta fun I think. I enjoy those calls a lot. Of course, th' fun mood was killed when Catie revealed someone stole her identity an' all her money as a result. Assholes. Unfortunately best I could do was tell her how to prevent it next time; not much I could do fer her otherwise.
So I leave right on time today, right? R train comes, I figger I'd catch th' N. Train stops before we hit 59th. By th' time we pull into th' station, N train's already leavin' and once again we're waitin'. Another train comes; th' M. I take it, figger it'll give me a boost since they're goin' express with delays. THAT train stops, causin' th' R I just left to pass. 36th Street, I just miss another R and decide to wait fer a better train, but best I got was th' D...which ALSO stopped in th' damn tunnels.
Finally got to Broadway/Lafayette where I got out to try an' catch th' uptown 6 bein' I was already late fer class, 'cause god forbid we have both directions of th' train accessable UNDERGROUND. And of course, dumb me gets turned around an' I go south instead of North and end up losin' MORE time. When I finally get to th' train, it's so packed I hafta skip it an' force myself onto th' next one, which was a 4. I got off at 14th to get th' 6 or 5. 6 came, an' once again was jammed in to th' point I was immovable...all 'cause some dumb Asian chick hadda force her way on at th' last second. Was pretty much in that spot till 42nd where I was able to shuffle closer to my door an' get crowded in over there. Then of course was th' struggle to get OFF th' train.... UGH!
I wound up gettin' there half an hour late, but fortunately prof didn't pass out th' attendance sheet. So after class, I went up front, signed my name, an' proceeded to my next adventure; th' book store. Found th' psych section last time, so I was able to track down th' books pretty quick. Used and in great shape. Grabbed 'em and headed upstairs to stand on line.
Now, this line was massive. It snaked around th' front of th' aisles, up th' last one, down then up th' middle, down th' first towards th' entrance, up th' wall to th' left, along th' back wall to th' stairs, then skip across to th' other side of th' stairs, along th' windows, up another aisle and finally to th' registers. Yes, there was that many people. It did move fairly quick, though, I will say. Got snagged again at th' register when my book was mispriced. But, that was quickly resolved. I paid, left, an' crammed onto th' 6 once again. Fortunately th' N came quick and I got home fast enough. On a side note, I find it weird how many people use th' Sony h.ear headphones like I do. There was a person on either side of me wearin' them. Even Danielle has 'em, 'cept they're monotone.
Speakin' of Danielle, she's on vacation this week which means I have absolutely NO ONE to talk to when I'm at work. As such, it was incredibly borin' th' whole way through. Blah.
This crappy day was vastly improved by a surprise call from Rogue, who left and called me again. She left again to watch her Law & Order only to call me once again finishin' up her night. We dwindled a bit at th' end, but we had a lotta fun I think. I enjoy those calls a lot. Of course, th' fun mood was killed when Catie revealed someone stole her identity an' all her money as a result. Assholes. Unfortunately best I could do was tell her how to prevent it next time; not much I could do fer her otherwise.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home