NY1
NY1 came by th' office as planned today. First they got a tour of th' place and then set up to do their interviews. They interviewed th' program head (fer an organization I now know is called Block) at th' conference talbe right behind me. Then they went in back to th' break room table to interview Darlene, then did various shots of her performin' her usual tasks like cleanin', stuffin' and copyin'. (As I was workin' didn't see how the set-up was, but since I'm right next to th' copier good chance my arm was in th' shot). They followed up with some various shots of th' office before packin' up. They did film th' pit area, but think I left before th' cam went on. Ah wells, not like anyone I know watches that station. Hell, I only do when I missed th' weather on th' Weather Channel. But if anyone's interest, spot's supposed to air on Tuesday and then will be up on their website.
Came home an' settled in fer a nap after BSin' around a bit. Got woken up an hour later by ma, tho. People called to say they were deliverin' th' propane she ordered and I hadda be ready to deal with them and bring 'em up. Of course, they didn't show up fer an hour and I was feelin' like crap from bein' so rudely awaken. Handled it, came back up and went to sleep. Sis came on before I originally did, but she disappeared soon after to which I found out in an EM later her BF took over th' comp and she did errands an' forgot about me. Ah well.
I decided to stay over in Binghamton next weekend. Way I figger it, not only will we get 4 more hours on Fri, but should she have th' time to see me on Sat we can take it. If not, I can always explore before goin' home. Was a debate over which hotel I should go fer, tho. Ma said I should go closer with Best Western and I was crazy to try fer th' Econo Lodge. Thing is, should wifey not be able to drive me, I'd hafta walk. Mapquest puts th' distance at bit over 2 miles but I argued th' path I plotted would be shorter. To settle it, found a site called mapmyrun.com which lets ya plot a path and gives ya distance based on it. I was right, saved a bit but not a lot. So I went with Best Western solely on th' fact by then I'll have my new shoes on and it'd hurt a bit. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that, right? My sneakers were on their last legs so I ordered some more. Wanted to try to get away from Converse this time fer somethin' a bit stronger, but didn't work out so I got yet another pair. Ah wells. Of course I had fun with that plottin' site after alla this, seein' how far my path to school was and my usual run on th' bike path (combined 9 miles both ways!).
Came home an' settled in fer a nap after BSin' around a bit. Got woken up an hour later by ma, tho. People called to say they were deliverin' th' propane she ordered and I hadda be ready to deal with them and bring 'em up. Of course, they didn't show up fer an hour and I was feelin' like crap from bein' so rudely awaken. Handled it, came back up and went to sleep. Sis came on before I originally did, but she disappeared soon after to which I found out in an EM later her BF took over th' comp and she did errands an' forgot about me. Ah well.
I decided to stay over in Binghamton next weekend. Way I figger it, not only will we get 4 more hours on Fri, but should she have th' time to see me on Sat we can take it. If not, I can always explore before goin' home. Was a debate over which hotel I should go fer, tho. Ma said I should go closer with Best Western and I was crazy to try fer th' Econo Lodge. Thing is, should wifey not be able to drive me, I'd hafta walk. Mapquest puts th' distance at bit over 2 miles but I argued th' path I plotted would be shorter. To settle it, found a site called mapmyrun.com which lets ya plot a path and gives ya distance based on it. I was right, saved a bit but not a lot. So I went with Best Western solely on th' fact by then I'll have my new shoes on and it'd hurt a bit. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that, right? My sneakers were on their last legs so I ordered some more. Wanted to try to get away from Converse this time fer somethin' a bit stronger, but didn't work out so I got yet another pair. Ah wells. Of course I had fun with that plottin' site after alla this, seein' how far my path to school was and my usual run on th' bike path (combined 9 miles both ways!).


2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home