Wednesday, March 22, 2006

CHOCOLATE SALTY BALLS

A week or two ago, it was reported that Issac Hayes quit South Park 'cause of their intollerance towards religion. While he had no problems with them makin' fun of Jews, Mormons, Christians an' everyone else, apparently when they hit Scientology, Hayes' religion, last season, that drew th' line. So everyone's basically been callin' him a hypocrite, but there have been reports that after a stroke in Jan someone ELSE may have quit fer him. Well, either way, SP responded in kind...

"Chef Returns" was absolutely BRILLIANT. They nailed Scientologists AGAIN without even mentionin' them, makin' their Super Adventure Club a parody of it. They were a group of explorers that travel th' world havin' sex with children who brainwashed Chef to become a pedophile. They redubbed Hayes' voice from various episodes an' didn't even try to hide it, which was a great joke in itself. Then, they killed him in spectacular fashion only to create a possible new character...DARTH CHEF! And let's not forget th' empassioned plea of Kyle at th' end, which was a lot more like SP sayin' to remember Hayes fer what he's done, not fer what he just did. This episode had so much goin' on beneath th' surface that, upon readin' message board postings about it, I know a lot of people would've missed. But I was dyin' laughin'. One of my favorite eps to date. Didn't hurt it was followed up by a great Mind of Mencia. Classic stuff.

Everyone knows I ain't a big fan of religion to begin with, but Scientology...wow. A religion created by a SCIENCE-FICTION writer (an' not a good wone I've heard) that believes aliens inhabit people instead of souls after an intergalactic conflict that you hafta pay to join. Yeah, no alarms there. Frankly, this whole fiasco only proves th' possibility of some things I've said about other established religions, like th' Bible could've been a great work of fiction someone decided to take literally an' whoop, Christianity. It's very sad when th' sheep mentality keeps people from seein' such obvious bullshit. At least th' dudes who wrote th' Bible have plausible deniability on their side!

Tried to work on my WS paper, but that didn't go over so well. Went off to school where we hadda go to a different room to hear some guy speak. Room was way too small fer th' size of th' class, so it ended up standin' room only. I was lucky enough to snag a seat by th' door so I could get th' hell out. Was some funny moments when they had trouble gettin' th' microphone to work. Finally, they introed th' guy whom I stil have no idea who he is who then proceeded to ramble on about European cinema. About then I started to doze off. I was tired an' didn't give a crap what th' hell he was talkin' about. Fortunately, they said we could leave at 8 if we hadda, so 5 after I booked. Screw sittin' through all that.

So then it was back home to work on WS. Not. Yeah, so didn't accomplish a thing. Gonna end up goin' to work early so I could get home earlier to work on it since I got that meetin' tomorrow. Well, we'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home