NYCC DAY 3
Tired from being at the party so late I came in around 12, having to buy my lunch on the way 'cause I had a panel at 1:30. I ate, went to my two panels in a row, and that was all for me for that show. Don't think I'm gonna do so many next time, keeps you too busy for everything else.
Liam had sent me a list of commissions he wanted from various people at the show. It needed a little refinement as he had a writer on there and some of the artists weren't even at the show. Well, the few that were were never around when I went looking, and the ones who were there their stuff looked like shit. So I called it a bust. What was also a bust was the last of my autographing. I left the books home since I couldn't find a few of the people I was looking for, only to have them be there TODAY. Oy.
Liz's X-23 poster got destroyed at the party, so I went and got her another. Then, the hunt began for a way to transport it better. For the last couple days we saw people walking around with what looked like FedEx tubes decorated with video game images. So me, Liz and Shawnti in our final walk-through of the show tried to find them. Several direction requests later, we finally got to the booth that was handing them out. I took one too for a Billy Tan piece I bought.
One of my coworkers was supposed to come to the show with his kid, and I thought he'd be there yesterday. Instead, I ran into a guy from one of his buildings who said he was there today, but I missed him since I was in the panels. Ah well. I also met a guy off of Superhero Hype who was with the Highburn Studios booth, and the model for one of their characters who pranced around in skin-tight outfit with angel wings most of the weekend.
The show wrapped up and then came the debacle of tearing down the table. People had left tons of their shit at the table, which I somehow ended up getting possession of. Liz had to leave me her cart so I could lug the now TWO boxes I had to take. Someone also violated the no food at the table rule 'cause I found a coffee stain on the table cloth. Rachel and Lindsay took some stuff, and then came the table itself. I brought a dolly and twine, unable to find the bungee cords anywhere. I tied the table to the dolly, and after a while figured out a setup that will allow me to pull it with a minimum of fuss. On a LEVEL surface. You never realize how much NYC sidewalks slope or how badly they need to be fixed till you try to roll a free-rolling object.
Deciding to save myself some stairs, I, like an idiot, decided to head for the R station on 6th Avenue. I had some troubles with the boxes and got to the point where I just slammed one down on the sidewalk as I fixed them. By the time I got home I was none too happy and flipped out. We're gonna address this packing up issue in a BIG way. Oh, yessiree!
Liam had sent me a list of commissions he wanted from various people at the show. It needed a little refinement as he had a writer on there and some of the artists weren't even at the show. Well, the few that were were never around when I went looking, and the ones who were there their stuff looked like shit. So I called it a bust. What was also a bust was the last of my autographing. I left the books home since I couldn't find a few of the people I was looking for, only to have them be there TODAY. Oy.
Liz's X-23 poster got destroyed at the party, so I went and got her another. Then, the hunt began for a way to transport it better. For the last couple days we saw people walking around with what looked like FedEx tubes decorated with video game images. So me, Liz and Shawnti in our final walk-through of the show tried to find them. Several direction requests later, we finally got to the booth that was handing them out. I took one too for a Billy Tan piece I bought.
One of my coworkers was supposed to come to the show with his kid, and I thought he'd be there yesterday. Instead, I ran into a guy from one of his buildings who said he was there today, but I missed him since I was in the panels. Ah well. I also met a guy off of Superhero Hype who was with the Highburn Studios booth, and the model for one of their characters who pranced around in skin-tight outfit with angel wings most of the weekend.
The show wrapped up and then came the debacle of tearing down the table. People had left tons of their shit at the table, which I somehow ended up getting possession of. Liz had to leave me her cart so I could lug the now TWO boxes I had to take. Someone also violated the no food at the table rule 'cause I found a coffee stain on the table cloth. Rachel and Lindsay took some stuff, and then came the table itself. I brought a dolly and twine, unable to find the bungee cords anywhere. I tied the table to the dolly, and after a while figured out a setup that will allow me to pull it with a minimum of fuss. On a LEVEL surface. You never realize how much NYC sidewalks slope or how badly they need to be fixed till you try to roll a free-rolling object.
Deciding to save myself some stairs, I, like an idiot, decided to head for the R station on 6th Avenue. I had some troubles with the boxes and got to the point where I just slammed one down on the sidewalk as I fixed them. By the time I got home I was none too happy and flipped out. We're gonna address this packing up issue in a BIG way. Oh, yessiree!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home