BACK TO SCHOOL
Ahhh, the first day of school. To say I was less than thrilled is a veritable understatement. Of course, the only classes I could get leave me with a 3 hour space between work and class on Monday and 6 hours on Thursday. Mondays mean I don't have enough time to go home and come back, so I worked out a plan to go get some Subway for lunch at the nearby restaurant and bring the laptop to do some work in the meantime. I'll say this much, at least this Subway is only a few cents more expensive than the one at home. The one by my route and station price gouges.
Today, I also went to buy the text book and a USB drive for class. However, that little jaunt ended up being a bit screwy as the map I checked out for a nearby Radio Shack led me in the wrong direction. It actually eneded up being right across the street from the school, next to the recommended book store for the text book. Ah well, at least I got some excercise, worked off some calories, and saw some neat buildings I'll have to go back and re-reference later.
The class was just an introduction to the types of media out there. I kinda spaced out and just worked on a script on the laptop while they talked. I didn't regard anything as too important to listen to right now. Unfortunately, I couldn't get on the net because I need a Hunter password to do so, which is apparently the same as my E-Mail access and yet none of my normal passwords seem to work. I'll have to make time to go to the Student Help desk or some shit to get it reset.
Basically this first week is to work out all the kinks and make my school experience as painless as possible. Of course, I'd rather NOT go but then I'd get too much shit and it'd be a big hassle.
Today, I also went to buy the text book and a USB drive for class. However, that little jaunt ended up being a bit screwy as the map I checked out for a nearby Radio Shack led me in the wrong direction. It actually eneded up being right across the street from the school, next to the recommended book store for the text book. Ah well, at least I got some excercise, worked off some calories, and saw some neat buildings I'll have to go back and re-reference later.
The class was just an introduction to the types of media out there. I kinda spaced out and just worked on a script on the laptop while they talked. I didn't regard anything as too important to listen to right now. Unfortunately, I couldn't get on the net because I need a Hunter password to do so, which is apparently the same as my E-Mail access and yet none of my normal passwords seem to work. I'll have to make time to go to the Student Help desk or some shit to get it reset.
Basically this first week is to work out all the kinks and make my school experience as painless as possible. Of course, I'd rather NOT go but then I'd get too much shit and it'd be a big hassle.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home