ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE
It's Valentine's Day. Can't say as I ever had much cause to celebrate it. For one thing, I never regarded as a day where it's EXPECTED you romance your significant other as all that romantic. I believe that should be something you do during the duration of the relationship. The other thing is, I've just never had a Valentine. Sam wasn't all that big on the day (which could be for other reasons as we now know) and the rest of them I've spent single. Sure, when I was a kid a buncha us did the give the entire class a card thing, and my ma likes to give me a little something every year (this year including a stuffed cat from my cat, supposedly) but other than that the true "purpose" of the day has escaped me.
Today was no different, except that it ended up being a crap day. Freight was late, AGAIN, and we waited for it. We waited for it until 9 when the last THREE cans came in. Then was a scramble to unload them and get my truck finalized as I had mine AND Rory's crap. AGAIN. Only difference was today there actually WAS service, and I couldn't get in my truck. Thaaaaat's right...not only did I end up parked all the way down the block but my rear door key decided to stop working. It took almost an hour for the other set to be sent out to me, whose key BARELY worked after some excessive jiggling. That was 10:18. I locked in my first stop, and that was the last of the service I made for the day. I juggled between the two routes like yesterday to finish as quick as I could, and didn't finish till around 12. Then I got a message saying people needed to be helped and not to return until you do. I tried to get clarification if that applied to me, but none came. So, I gambled and went to help. Figure it's better to get in trouble for NOT coming back then NOT helping.
Was eventually forced to take a break around 1:25 because I still had the last bit of training to do (which was just a review, but here I was already 7 hours and I didn't wanna get ANOTHER break violation twice in the same week). I went to the mall where I had some grub and waited till I could get off break and go back. Got there, review took a few minutes of bullshitting, but I still had to kill a LOT of time lest I get violation. They sent me out to shuttle 2 packages, which I opted to deliver to kill more time even though I took the keys to deposit them in the trucks of their couriers. I had to go re-help the guy I helped before, but he didn't need any by the time I got there. I came back so I could get the hell out of there. However, I failed to realize I left my vehicle report and the extra keys I took in the truck, which was taken out by a night courier. Then I come to realize I had forgotten to deliver 2 packages in my building and messaged Rory to do so if he could. And of course I frigged up all the codes on my time card. Basically, after 9 hours of work I was shot to hell and just wanted to get home at that point.
I skipped going to the bank, and was too worn out to do anything. My body was hurting like mad, I had a muscle pull in my neck that formed overnight that I had to work through, not to mention all the pain from yesterday, and I felt like I had just come out of a fight. Tomorrow, I'm either gonna feel a bit better or a lot worse. Joy.
Today was no different, except that it ended up being a crap day. Freight was late, AGAIN, and we waited for it. We waited for it until 9 when the last THREE cans came in. Then was a scramble to unload them and get my truck finalized as I had mine AND Rory's crap. AGAIN. Only difference was today there actually WAS service, and I couldn't get in my truck. Thaaaaat's right...not only did I end up parked all the way down the block but my rear door key decided to stop working. It took almost an hour for the other set to be sent out to me, whose key BARELY worked after some excessive jiggling. That was 10:18. I locked in my first stop, and that was the last of the service I made for the day. I juggled between the two routes like yesterday to finish as quick as I could, and didn't finish till around 12. Then I got a message saying people needed to be helped and not to return until you do. I tried to get clarification if that applied to me, but none came. So, I gambled and went to help. Figure it's better to get in trouble for NOT coming back then NOT helping.
Was eventually forced to take a break around 1:25 because I still had the last bit of training to do (which was just a review, but here I was already 7 hours and I didn't wanna get ANOTHER break violation twice in the same week). I went to the mall where I had some grub and waited till I could get off break and go back. Got there, review took a few minutes of bullshitting, but I still had to kill a LOT of time lest I get violation. They sent me out to shuttle 2 packages, which I opted to deliver to kill more time even though I took the keys to deposit them in the trucks of their couriers. I had to go re-help the guy I helped before, but he didn't need any by the time I got there. I came back so I could get the hell out of there. However, I failed to realize I left my vehicle report and the extra keys I took in the truck, which was taken out by a night courier. Then I come to realize I had forgotten to deliver 2 packages in my building and messaged Rory to do so if he could. And of course I frigged up all the codes on my time card. Basically, after 9 hours of work I was shot to hell and just wanted to get home at that point.
I skipped going to the bank, and was too worn out to do anything. My body was hurting like mad, I had a muscle pull in my neck that formed overnight that I had to work through, not to mention all the pain from yesterday, and I felt like I had just come out of a fight. Tomorrow, I'm either gonna feel a bit better or a lot worse. Joy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home