Friday, December 21, 2007

YOU'RE A MEAN ONE, MR. GRINCH

The hot topic for today: a FedEx truck full of Christmas presents was hijacked at midnight on it's way to New Jersey for deliveries. Driver and truck were eventually found in different parts of Brooklyn, and once the cops release the truck the company's gonna go through it to find what was taken. Nice around the holidays, eh?

This shitty parking situation has gotten me WORN OUT. I ache all over, and I'm just physically tired like you wouldn't believe. It looks like they're prepping me to be the back-up off-load coordinator for when he goes on vacation. I dunno how in the hell that would work. I'd have to come in, get equipment ready, manage the sort, do my truck, do my deliveries and then manage the second wave crap? No way in HELL is that possible. We shall see.

Third day in a row of no parking. At least I got a different spot a few feet closer to where I needed to be. No much, but it'll do. Because freight was delayed all over, service was extended till 11. Nice to get that info at 10:40 when I was already counting lates. Busted my ass to finish my building, then ran out to do my outside stops 'cause no help was coming AGAIN. At least until I was heading around the block. Dude from Empire came on over and grabbed 2 stops from me. Helped, but wasn't enough as I ended up with 1 late. 1 is better than what I've been getting, that's for sure.

Got home, ate because I was starving, and then passed out for a 5-hour nap. Think I was tired any? I'm still sore as hell, but at least I feel a little better. Unfortunately, today is totally shot. Speaking of shot, got a call from D saying our plans Sunday needed to be canceled and altered due to his knee acting up. Ya know, I remembered we had plans but I couldn't remember exactly what until after the call. Fine by me as they had us hanging out in Times Square and I HATE that area. So we'll probably end up chilling at his house. And instead of our usual Xmas eve hangout we're pushing it back to Xmas itself as he'll be getting back real late and will have his family stuff after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home