Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FINDING WOLVERINE

Today was an Iconic meeting, but it was also the night that Chris Claremont was expected to speak at MoCCA. Guess which one I opted to go to?

It was basically an introspective about Wolverine in anticipation of the new movie and a new book that came out which basically discussed his whole comics career. Basically, a fancier version of the Encylopedias that came out a few years ago. The affair went off pretty well. Essentially, having just written an article about Wolverine for Estella, they didn't say anything I didn't already know (but was nice to get corroboration from the horse's mouth) but I did get to learn more about the new X-Men Forever book that's coming out. Which, is basically, similar to my last Marvel submission; taking an established property and diverting it's timeline from one moment into an alternate tangent. Mine would've been to keep Ben Reilly alive. His is where would the stories have gone had he not been "forced" off of the X-Men books. I also got the book signed by him and it's author, as well as my copies of both Wolverine #1s. I had brought 3 others to get signed, but since we ran late they were limiting how much you could get signed so didn't take a chance.

Got an interesting surprise in Rebecca and another CAGer, Dan, being there. Was cool to see. Found out Becky's got another show in June so told her send me the info. Also found out she's leaving the group (big surprise there).

I raced home and finished up the meeting with the others. We were hoping the latest PDF dummy book would've been our last, but there were still some errors that needed addressing...including the fact someone cut dialogue from my story and added credits which my script did NOT call for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home