Friday, April 24, 2009

THE LONG SILENCE

I know it's been a while since I've written here. Unfortunately, I've gotten pretty busy all over so something had to go. The most harmless thing was this here blog, which I'm sure only two people read on an infrequent basis anyways.

So, here's the overall update since last we left:

Apparently working on the Index means I get to work for the Trade paperback division as well. I got assigned to map out, or decide what books will be reprinted, in three trades due out sometime next year. I did the next two Spider-Girl digests, and a Fantastic Four Hardcover. Probably the easiest of my work for Marvel, since all I have to do is list how many pages are in each book and what order they go in. Although, determining the Spider-Girl books was a little tricky as the last digest didn't end at a really optimal place. Ideally, #12 woulda had 9 books in it but that was vetoed. Fortunately I planned ahead for a decent enough cut-off point, which pretty much set the standard for the remaining 5 books. The other 4 I don't get to do, though, since they wanna give someone else a chance to get paid. I wasn't even thinking about the money. I come from a world where I never got paid for my work, so doing things like that is no skin off my nose.

Someone else got canned for leaving their packages unattended. Sad, and leaves us even more short-handed than ever thanks to the hiring freeze that still goes on. So, that basically means I'm playing things THEIR way (for now), especially since my manager practically begged me to. So, whatever. I get lates I get lates. They'll just hafta deal with it.

I apparently didn't make my hesitance at allowing an unknown friend of Shawnti's to stay with us in Philly. Thinking about it more, I decided to voclaize it, not realizing it's been exactly 4 months since we last discussed it together. No concept of time, y'know. Also, I never actually said YES. I left it up to Liz, who decided to say yes. But, regardless, I ended up just relenting and saying whatever, I'd deal. Of course, I ended up with the good news that he can't go anyways due to a sick relative, so alright!

The topping of the presents continues. With Liz's bday in September, and repeated failed attempts for her to go see Phantom on Broadway, I decided to get her tickets. My plan originally was to give her two so her and possibly her mother could go. But, instead, it looks like she's dragging me. Hope she doesn't think it's gonna be torture, 'cause I don't really mind something like that. Although, I'd rather see Shrek or Spamalot first...

Next week I'm on vacation. I got quite a few things I'd like to get done. Hopefully, I can. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home