Friday, March 20, 2009

WEEK IN REVIEW

Not a very eventful week, so I'll just summarize some of the highlights.

The final lettering edits for Iconic is being sent out to their respective writers to approve the changes before going on to letterers. Apparently, somewhere between script and letter Mark's story got truncated and altered. The frustration led to him pulling the story, although honestly the way things've been between him and the group lately it's no surprise. We're gonna attempt to replace it with our own Mark Twain story otherwise we'll just alter Twain on our cover to more closely resemble my grandpa character. Fun in publishing, folks.

Speaking of which, we got the Sky Pirates artist Brian Brinlee to do my story and Alex did the inks. I glanced at the pages at the meetng, but didn't give them a full looking-over due to the hectic nature of everyone being around and looking at them. The art was good, no surprise there, but the last page wasn't to my liking. I had told Keith, who was the go-between in this case, to have Brian try it a different way when I saw the thumbnails, but then next thing I know the finished pencils come through and I'm like okay... So I mentioned it again at the last meeting Tuesday and we had Brian work off a thumbnail I did for the page to quickly do up a new one with inks. We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home