Friday, November 21, 2008

PARKING WARS: RAW

Parking the cars was pretty harrowing this week. I'm trying to get things done while constantly checking the street for spots for Monday. I managed to get them both parked by today, and wouldn't ya know it that's when sis asked me for a ride from the city to her home on the island. Not that I minded, just dreading the parking search again. It was made a little more complicated by ma's announcement she was gonna go see gma tomorrow, meaning both spots were gonna be lost. This situation is getting pretty horrible.

And speaking of parking, I ended up down the block again after circling three times. I ran my ass off to try and make service, able to dump a couple stops off on Rory and the paper guy, but still managed to be short 2 pieces. It just wasn't gonna happen. I ran my legs RAW...they burn when the skin touches each other. I blame the stupid pants. The weather HAD to get officially cold NOW. Couldn't've held out being abnormally warm for longer.

I got guilted into visiting pops at the hospital. Ain't never been to that one before, so ma's directions naturally got me lost. Luckily I found a directory and got back on track. I picked up some McD's cheeseburgers for us ($10 for 6 plus a small soda!!!! Effing Manhattan) and sat there till ma came after fighting with the stupid overcrowded elevators to get up to his floor. Fun, fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home