Monday, August 06, 2007

DOA

This past weekend was filled with more bike ridin' an' writin'. Makin' a li'l progress on issue two, but think I may skip to issue 3 an' do touchups when I finish. I also made steps towards gettin' an artist fer the project. So we'll see what happens there. Also went by Circuit City an' picked up a few DVDs. Gotta love them sales.

Now, dumbshit me hadda come in extra early 'cause I forgot to check my schedule on Friday. Somethin' told me the universal start time was 6:20, an' I ended up bein' right. What I wasn't right about was my scheduled time was 7:45, an' here I am there at 5. But that worked out fine 'cause Carlos wanted me in fer the sort so I started same as everyone else an' got extra time. Also made SURE to check my schedule this time. Nice an' memorized.

Wasn't able to get my key till after so didn't get to find out that my truck finally bit it before we got too into the work. I had Shawn take care of that, swappin' it out fer one of the Penskes we rent instead of U-Hauls now. Lemme tell ya, that worked out JUST fine. Was just like drivin' a Blazer...better handlin', responsive, has SHOCKS, brakes, radio, AC< windows that actually let AIR in...li'l things ya tend to take fer granted. Only bitch is no shelves so sortin' out packages is a bit of a challenge. Got the hang of it now so I think I can come up with a new load chart till my truck's fixed. But frankly, they can take their time. They also sent Lissette out with me to help me make service since it was so late. She basically took charge, took all the smaller stops an' banged 'em out before I knew it, then went off to help others. Impressive.

Traffic was a bitch both ways, but made more enjoyable with some tunes. Came home an' just lounged. I usually take Mondays as a day off from everythin', although I did do some script work. Not much, but some. Tomorrow I'll get back to crackin' down. There's also some talk that when pops gets his new car I might get the Astro. Started lookin' up some quotes, an' so far Geico an' E-Surance got some good rates. We'll see when I'll need them an' how long it holds up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home