EXHAUSTION SETS IN
Last day, and I am beat. Me and everyone else were basically zombies on our feet. Today I decided to indulge in some comic spending as I finally discovered some 50 cent bins amongst the sea of dollars or more. Liz kept me company for a bit, but got quickly bored as I found more and more I wanted. I didn't go all over the place this time, rather filled in some runs here and there. I had intended to do a list of comics to fill those in, but as you all know I didn't have much time. I raided a 50 cent bin first, then found a 3 for $1 which became 4 for $1 just when I got there. Sa-weet! I ended up with about 200, not counting the copy of Only in Whispers I got from Free Lunch and comp copies of CAG 7 I didn't even know we were getting. Last I heard we couldn't afford to do comp copies.
When they say the con ends at 5, they MEAN the con ends at 5. As soon as 5 hit, they were already trying to kick us out and started rolling up all the carpets. Like, goddamn...give us a grace period to get our shit together. Liz went off with Hector and Z-man as they were all gonna take the same train, and me I struggled to carry my box of comics I shouldn'ta got to the train. Was gonna shoot for the N, but was too exhausted so settled for the E and making all the transfers.
Dunno how I made it home, I was running on fumes. I could barely carry my box or walk at a decent enough pace. I just wanted to crap out then and there. But, no, I couldn't. I had to work on the pictures I was sent for the contest as they were due by midnight tonight. I just blindly did them, making some better while making others, I feel, worse. Whatever. At that point I just didn't care. Just wanted it done. Had a little trouble finding one set of poses, but fortunately I eventually dug them up. With those in, I think I'm gonna go die now.
Oh, and I believe Liz wanted me to mention the cockroach dead in the light fixture in her room, and all the gnats that came out of her shower head this morning. Nice place, huh?
When they say the con ends at 5, they MEAN the con ends at 5. As soon as 5 hit, they were already trying to kick us out and started rolling up all the carpets. Like, goddamn...give us a grace period to get our shit together. Liz went off with Hector and Z-man as they were all gonna take the same train, and me I struggled to carry my box of comics I shouldn'ta got to the train. Was gonna shoot for the N, but was too exhausted so settled for the E and making all the transfers.
Dunno how I made it home, I was running on fumes. I could barely carry my box or walk at a decent enough pace. I just wanted to crap out then and there. But, no, I couldn't. I had to work on the pictures I was sent for the contest as they were due by midnight tonight. I just blindly did them, making some better while making others, I feel, worse. Whatever. At that point I just didn't care. Just wanted it done. Had a little trouble finding one set of poses, but fortunately I eventually dug them up. With those in, I think I'm gonna go die now.
Oh, and I believe Liz wanted me to mention the cockroach dead in the light fixture in her room, and all the gnats that came out of her shower head this morning. Nice place, huh?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home