Friday, April 07, 2006

CLONE SAGA

Th' Clone Saga is one of th' most controversial storylines in Spider-Man history. A clone that appeared way back in th' 70s was resurrected an' brought back to th' present. A whole buncha shit transpired, an' th' clone was revealed to be th' original and took over as Spidey. Of course, die-hard Spidey fans didn't like this, so Marvel did an about-face an' had th' new Spidey killed off to reaffirm HE was really th' clone an' it was all a big mind-fuck by th' original Green Goblin (who was consequently killed about 30 issues before th' first clone story and is now back alive an' well).

Okay, history lesson over. Now, as I said a lotta die-hard Spidey fans hated that, so on th' SHH boards I started a thread dedicated to th' clone where fans could come an' talk freely without people jumpin' up our asses. Recently, after playin' Ultimate Spidey, I started gettin' th' idea fer my own Spidey game, which soon evolved into a Clone Saga game. Of course, with other projects on my plate, I back burnered it until someone else in my thread mentioned their own idea fer a game.

With my work done, I started goin' through th' Clone Saga summaries an' doin' a preliminary mission outline structure. Basically, th' format is th' free-roam environment of th' last two Spidey games where all of NYC is yer stage, an' th' missions will be based off events of th' CS. Spidey 2 is my main influence, with some from Ultimate. Not a lot though 'cause that game SUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

So far what I've done's gotten some good reactions, so I guess I'll keep goin' an' flesh out th' levels. Maybe work on some of th' script. Which ain't gonna be easy since I still don't have every issue. But hey, th' fun stuff is never easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home